Have you applied for RPSC Librarian Grade 2 Posts and are searching for RPSC Librarian Syllabus 2020? if yes then read this page carefully. The Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) is going to be held the examination to recruit candidates for Librarian Grade 2 Posts. A huge number of candidates have applied for the posts. Now they want to start their exam preparation. So we are advised all candidates must download the RPSC Librarian Exam Syllabus 2020 along with the RPSC Librarian Exam Pattern 2020 here. The board will soon conduct the written examination on 29th April 2020. So be stay tuned with this page for all latest updates and collect the required study material to crack this exam from below.
Fresh Updates As on 04.03.2020: The official of RPSC will soon conduct the Librarian Garde 2 Exam on 29.04.2020. Candidates who are appearing in this exam should collect the detailed syllabus here with the latest exam pattern. Further can check from below…
Fresh Updates As on 24.02.2020:RPSC Librarian Syllabus 2020 is now available here. The board will conduct the examination on 29.04.2020. So collect the required study material from below with the exam pattern…
General Details About Rajasthan Librarian Garde 2 Syllabus 2020 | RSPC Librarian Grade 2 Exam Date 2020 Updates
|Name Of The Department||Rajasthan Public Service Commission|
|Job Title||Librarian Vacancies|
|RPSC Librarian Exam Date||29th April 2020|
|Mode of Exam||Written Exam|
|Status of RPSC Librarian Exam Syllabus||Available Here|
How the board will Select Candidates for RPSC Librarian Grade 2 Post?
The board will conduct a written examination for all applied candidates. Candidates who have registered with the official website for the above said posts within the given schedule will eligible to appear in this exam. The exam is going to be held on 29.04.2020. So candidates are advised to collect the RPSC Librarian Syllabus 220 here and start the exam preparation. After the written exam, qualified candidates will be called for the Personal Interview Test/ Documents Verification test.
- Written Exam
- Interview Test
What is the RPSC Librarian Grade 2 Exam Pattern 2020? | RPSC Librarian Syllabus 2020 Subject Wise PDF
|1.||Part A – General Knowledge||100|
|2.||Part B -Library and Information Science and Basic Knowledge of Computer||200|
- The examination will be conducted in Different Languages.
- The examination will be objective type
- The exam has 300 marks.
- The duration of the exam is 03 hours.
- Part A – General Knowledge 100 Marks
- Part B -Library and Information Science and Basic Knowledge of Computer:” 200 Marks
Subjects Wise RPSC Librarian Exam Syllabus 2020? Rajasthan Public Service Commission Exam Syllabus 2020
Part A Syllabus Topic Wise:
RPSC Librarian Exam Syllabus 2020: Unit 1
- Library as Social Institution,
- Development of Libraries in India.
- Different Types of Libraries Public,
- Academic and Special.
- National Library of India.
- Five Laws of Library Science and their implications.
- Library Legislation- Need,
- Features and Efforts in India.
- Copyright Act, Delivery of Books Act, Intellectual Property Rights.
- Library Association
- International and National- IFLA, ALA, ILA, IASLIC.
- Library Education in India.
- Raja Ram Mohan Roy Library Foundation,
- National Knowledge Commission.
RPSC Librarian Syllabus 2020: UNIT-2
- The universe of Subjects- Definition and Purpose, Modes of Formation of Subjects. Definition, Need, and Purpose of Library Classification. Species of Library Classification Schemes.
- Features of Colon Classification and Dewey Decimal Classification. Five Fundamental Categories, Common Isolates, Notation, Phase Relations. Principles of Helpful Sequence, Use of Devices in Colon Classification.
- Catalog- Definition, Need, and Purpose, Brief History, and Development of Catalogue and Cataloging Codes. Physical Forms of Catalogue. Types of Library Catalogue.
- Subject Cataloging- Definition, Need, and Purpose. Kinds of Catalogue Entries, Chain Procedure, Sears’ List of Subject Headings. Choice of Headings and its Rendering. Bibliographical Standards.
UNIT-3: RPSC Librarian Exam Syllabus 2020:
- Types of Information Sources: Documentary and Non-documentary. Primary, Secondary and
- Tertiary. Evaluation of Information Sources. Need and Purpose of e-resources, e-books, online journals, databases.
- Concept and Need for Reference Services. Types-Long Range, Short Range, Qualification and Qualities of Reference Librarian.
- Concept and Need of Information Services- Document Delivery, Electronic Document, Delivery, Abstracting and Indexing Services, Translation, Literature Search, Alerting Services-CAS, SDI.
- Library Networks and Resources Sharing: Concept and Purpose. National and International
- Initiatives- INFLIBNET, DELNET, OCLC.
UNIT-4: RPSC Librarian Exam Pattern 2020:
- Management: Concept, Definition, and Scope. Functions and Principles of Management in Libraries. Library Operations – Selection and Acquisition, Collection Building and Development, Technical Processing, Circulation- Charging and Discharging Systems, Serial Control, Stock Verification, Weeding out.
- Library Authority and Committee. Library Personnel- Job Description, Job Analysis, Job Satisfaction, Job Evaluation.
- Financial Management- Sources of Finance, Financial Estimation. Budgeting Techniques.
- Library Building. Library Rules. Statistics. Annual Report. Maintenance, Conservation, and Preservation of Library Material.
UNIT –5: RPSC Librarian Syllabus 2020:
- Information Technology – Definition, Need, Scope, Objectives, and Components. Historical
- Development, Generation and Classification of Computers. Components, Peripherals, Input, Output and Storage Devices.
- Software’s – System and Application Softwares.
- Operating Systems – Single and Multi-user, Basic features of MS-DOS, MS-Windows
- Library Automation: Definition, Need, and Purpose; Application of Computers to Library Operations.
- Basic Features / Modules of Library and Information Management Software: WINISIS/ SOUL2.0
- General Application Software: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- Telecommunications – Need, Purpose, and Objectives
- Communication Tools and Techniques: E-mail, Teleconferencing/Video Conferencing, Web Portals, Social Networking Tools.
- Network – Concept, Components, Topologies, and Types (LAN, WAN, MAN, VPN)
- Internet – Concept, Definition, Origin, Need, and Purpose; Internet Services.
Part B Syllabus Topic Wise: RPSC Librarian Exam Syllabus 2020
Language, Literature & Scholarship: RPSC Librarian Exam Pattern 2020:
- Dialects of Rajasthani language,
- the literature of Rajasthani language and folk literature.
- Various language and literary academies of state government.
- Higher education institutions and research establishments of state and center government in Rajasthan.
Religious Life: RPSC Librarian Syllabus 2020:
- Religious communities, saints and sects in Rajasthan Folk deities of Rajasthan.
- Classical music and classical dance, folk music & instruments
- Folk dances & drama.
Visual Art: RPSC Librarian Exam Syllabus 2020:
- Handicrafts of Rajasthan, historical architecture – forts, palaces, and temples.
Tradition: RPSC Librarian Syllabus 2020:
- Costume and ornaments, social customs of Rajasthan.
- Festival and fairs in Rajasthan.
- Various tribes and their customs.
- Historical sites and tourist places.
Geography of Rajasthan: RPSC Librarian Exam Pattern 2020:
- Broad physical features
- Plains & Desert
- Major rivers and lakes
- Climate and Agro-climatic regions
- Major soil types and distribution
- Major forest types and distribution
- Demographic characteristics;
- Droughts & Floods,
- Environmental Pollution and Ecological Concern.
General English: RPSC Librarian Syllabus 2020
- Articles and Determiners,
- Prepositions, Modals,
- Change of Voice – from Active to Passive & vice – versa,
- Change of Narration – from Direct to Indirect & vice – versa,
- Phrasal Verbs,
- Translation of sentences from Hindi to English
General Hindi: RPSC Librarian Exam Syllabus 2020
- प्रयायवाची शब्द
- विलोम शब्द
- शब्द शुधि
- वाकया शुधि
- इंग्लिश वाक्य का हिंदीअनुवाद
- विभिनार्थ शब्द
Conclusion: Rajasthan Public Service Commission is conducting a written examination for Librarian Vacancies. For the best preparation of the exam, participants can download RPSC Librarian Syllabus 2020 from here.