Good opportunity for the applicants who have completed their 12th Exam as Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is holding Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL-2019) Examination. Applicants who are interested should download the SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019 PDF from the official site at www.ssc.nic.in. Candidates should also know the SSC CHCL Syllabus because preparation of those topics which are not in the syllabus is just a waste of time. Read the below article to know more details about SSC CHSL Exam Pattern Syllabus 2019.
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the CHSL exam. As we know the value of the exam pattern. Candidates who are going to appear in this examination should need to know the exam pattern because after this they will able to plan how to manage their time in the exam. Candidates can check the SSC CHSL exam pattern and syllabus on this webpage. If candidates initially get aware about the examination pattern and syllabus so they can prepare better for the exam. For SSC Online Exam latest news visit here.
Fresh Update as on 110.06.2019: Dear Participants, Staff Selection Commission is going to conduct CHSL Exam. The Examination will take place from 01 July 2019 to 26 July 2019. Applicants who participated in the examination may download SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019 from links given here.
|CHSL Exam||Admit Card||Result|
||SSC CHSL Admit Card||SSC CHSL Result|
Summary of SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019 PDF Details :
Name of the Department:- Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
Name of the Exam:- Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL)
Also Known as:- SSC 10+2 Exam 2019
Category: SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019 /Exam Pattern
Total Vacancies: 3259 (Tentatively)
Name of Posts: LDC, DEO, Posting Assistant/Sorting Assistant and Court Clerk Post
Last date to submit the SSC CHSL Online Application: 05.04.2019
Dates of computer-based examination (Tier-1): 01.07.2019 to 26.07.2019
Date of Examination Tier-II (Descriptive Paper): Update Later
SSC 10+2 Exam, Syllabus 2019: Available Here
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019 PDF Check SSC LDC/ DEO Exam Pattern | Previous Paper
Selection procedure as per the SSC CHSL Application form 2019:
The selection process comprises of three parts. The candidates who will qualify the Written Examination of SSC CHSL 2019 by securing the desired cutoff fixed by the Commission will be called to appear for the Descriptive Test. SSC has introduced the Descriptive Test in the scheme of SSC CHSL 2019 examination from this year. Subsequently, the candidates qualifying the Descriptive Test will be called for the Skill Test/Typing Test.
- 1st Step: Tier-1 Written Exam (Objective Type) (200 Marks) (Online Mode)
- 2nd Step: Tier-2 Written Exam (Descriptive Type) (100 Marks) (Offline Mode)
- 3rd Step: Tier-3 Skill Test / Typing Test (candidates who qualify the tier-2 exam will be called for Skill Test / Typing Test)
Tier-1 SSC CHSL Examination Pattern 2019:
The exam will contain objective type questions. Each question will have four options. Candidates have to choose one option which they think correct. The Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam will contain the negative marking of 1/2 marks for each wrong answer. So candidates must be very careful while answering the question.
- The exam is objective type and will be conducted online
- There will be 4 parts in a question paper namely (Part-1) General Intelligence, (Part-2) English Language, (Part-3) Quantitative Aptitude, and (Part-4) General Awareness / General Knowledge.
- The exam will have 100 questions for 200 marks.
- Duration of the exam is 60 Minutes.
- Questions will be set both in English & Hindi for part: 1, 3 & 4.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
|Dates of Computer-based Written Exam(Tier-I)||Subject||No. of Question||Maximum Marks||Number of Batches||Total Duration/Timing|
|01.07.2019 to 26.07.2019||1. General Intelligence||25 Questions||50||Timing for 2 Batches /day
Ist batch: 10 AM- 11.15AM
Timing for 3 batches /day
Batch: 10 AM-11.15AM
|60 Minutes (Total)
For VH/OH (afflicted by Cerebral Palsy and OH
with a deformity in writing hand (Pl. see Para 7 of notice).-100 Minutes
|2. English Language(Basic Knowledge)||25 Questions||50|
|3. Quantitative Aptitude(Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25 Questions||50|
|4. General Awareness||25 Questions||50|
Tier-2 Examination :
- The exam is a descriptive type and will be conducted offline (pen & paper mode).
- Candidates need to write essay / précis /letters/application writing etc.
- The exam carries 100 marks and exam duration will be 1 hour.
The exam will have to be written either in Hindi or in English.
Tier-3 Skill Test / Typing Test :
- Typing Test: Candidates, who are opting English typing, should have a typing speed of 35 words per minute and those candidates who are opting Hindi typing should have a typing speed of 30 words per minute. Typing test will be applicable for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, LDC and Court Clerk posts.
- Skill Test: Data Entry Speed of 8,000 key depressions per hour on the computer. The skill test will be applicable only for Data Entry Operator post.
SSC Combined 10+2 Level Syllabus 2019 Study Material/ SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019
As stated in above context that there will be four important segment or subjects to study by the applicants. So here is the details about what type of content these four subjects hold and books from which these topics can be cleared easily. Here we are presenting the syllabus subject wise.
T01. General Intelligence & Reasoning SSC CHSL Syllabus
This topic is very interesting as it test your mental ability and presence of mind. It includes ques. of both verbal and non-verbal type. Topics are Semantic Analogy, Symbolic Operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space, Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing interference etc.
02. Quantitative Aptitude SSC CHSL Syllabus:-
This includes Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Mensuration, Trigonometry and Statistical Charts. These are the 06 main topics to be study in Quantitative Aptitude. Among these trigonometry and Statistical Charts are found tough by the applicants to solve. So applicants should carefully solve these questions.
03. General Awareness SSC CHSL Syllabus:-
Questions in this section are designed to test the general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. This will also test the knowledge of the applicants of Current Affair or Events and day to day activities. Questions will ask also from History, Culture, Geography, Economics, General Policy etc.
04. General English SSC CHSL Syllabus:-
10+2 level Grammar questions will be asked like Spot the Error, Fill in the blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting Mis-Spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One-word substitutions, Improvement of Sentences, Active/Passive Voice of verbs etc.
Books with 05 Year Paper Recommended for SSC CHSL Exam 2019 :
|01. General Intelligence & Reasoning||a. Arihant Publications,
b. Lucent’s Reasoning Book,
c. Kiran Publications is also recommended.
|02. Quantitative Aptitude||a. Pratiyogita Darpan (edition-2015)
b. Arihant Publications
|03. General Awareness||a. Lucent (2015 edition)
b. General Knowledge 2015 (Arihant)
|04. General English||a. Kiran Publication
b. Disha Publications
How To Download SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019 PDF?
Applicants who want to download the syllabus for SSC CHSL Exam 2019 can check the below-mentioned steps to grab the details easily. There are official links which will help to download the Exam Pattern Syllabus 2019 directly from the official site.
- Log on the official site of SSC CHSL at www.ssconline.nic.in.
- Then on the home page go in the SSC CHSL Syllabus section.
- In this section, participants will be able to get SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019.
- Check the link and download the details.
01. SSC CHSL Exam Paper For 2015 :
Click Here to get Booklet No. 3212917 (Evening Session – 01 Nov 2015)
Click Here to get Booklet No. 6067671 (Morning Session – 15 Nov 2015)
Click Here to get Booklet No. 9115800 (Morning Session – 20 Nov 2015)
Click Here to get Booklet No. (Evening Session – 20 Nov 2015)
Click Here to get Hindi Current Affairs 2015 PDF
02. SSC CHSL Exam Paper For 2014 :
Click here to get Booklet No. 129TN7 (Evening Session)
Click here to get Booklet No. 513MP7 (Morning Session)
Click here to get Booklet No. 567MK8 (Morning Session)
Click here to get Booklet No. 890RJ3 (Evening Session)
Conclusion: SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019 PDF for the exam which will go to be held by department on 01.07.2019 to 26.07.2019. The syllabus is available on the official site. SSC CHSL exam is also known as SSC 10+2 Exam, OR SSC LDC and DEO Exam. so don’t get confused here we are presenting the syllabus subject wise.