Have you applied for TANCET 2020 and are now looking for TANCET Syllabus 2020? If your answer is yes, then check this full page for details. Anna University is going to conduct Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test 2020 for admission in various courses like M.Tech/ M.E./ M.Plan / M.Arch / MBA / MCA. Candidates who have submitted the online application form should start preparing for the exam on this page as per TANCET Exam Pattern 2020 with TANCET Exam Syllabus 2020. TANCET Exam 2020 will be held on 29 February and 1 March 2020 at various examination centers in the state of Tamil Nadu. The exam will conduct a pen paper-based offline entrance examination for all courses. To collect the details from below without wasting precious time.
Fresh Updates As on 27.02.2020: The official will soon conduct the Exam of TANCET on 29.02.2020. Candidates who have applied for the exam can collect the syllabus here with the latest exam pattern. Further details can check from below…
Fresh Updates As on 13.02.2020: The Exam of TANCET is about to conduct on 29.02.2020. So all the candidates downlaod the syllabus here to get the better marks in this exasm. Collect the detaile dstudy material from below…
Fresh Updates As on 11.02.2020: Do you want to download TANCET Syllabus 2020? then hit on the below direct link. Check the all latest updates about the syllabus on this page. The exam will be held in upcoming dates.. Go below for the detailed study material…
General Details About Anna University Common Entrance Test 2020 Syllabus & Exam Pattern | TANCET Exam Date 2020
Name of the University: Anna University, Tamil Nadu
Name of Exam: Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Exam 2020
Type of Exam: Entrance Exam
Known As: TANCET 2020
Category: Exam Syllabus
Status of TANCET Syllabus 2020: Available Here
Date of TANCET Exam: 29th February & 1st March 2020.
Official Website: tancet.annauniv.edu
What are the Important Dates for TANCET 2020 | Get TANCET Exam Date 2020
|TANCET 2020||Important dates|
|Commencement of TANCET 2020 registration||07 Jan 2020|
|Last date to submit the TANCET 2020 application form||31 Jan 2020|
|Release of TANCET 2020 Hall ticket||13 Feb 2020|
|TANCET 2020 exam date for MCA and MBA||29 Feb 2020|
|TANCET 2020 exam date for M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan||01 Mar 2020|
|Declaration of TANCET result 2020||20 Mar 2020|
|Downloading of Mark Sheets starts from||23 Mar 2020|
Download Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test Syllabus 2020 Subject Wise PDF | TANCET Syllabus for M.E/M.Arch/M.Tech/M.Plan
TANCET Syllabus 2020 Engineering Mathematics (Common to all Candidates) Syllabus:
- Calculus and Differential Equations: Partial derivatives – Jacobians – Taylor’s expansion – Maxima and Minima. Linear ordinary differential equations with constant coefficients – Simultaneous first order linear equations with constant coefficients. Formation of the partial differential equation (PDE) – Solution of the first-order PDE – Solution of linear higher order PDE with constant coefficients.
- Determinants and Matrices: Solving system of equations – Rank of the Matrix – Eigenvalues and eigenvectors – Reduction of quadratic form to canonical form.
- Functions of Complex Variables and Complex Integration: Analytic functions – Conformal Mapping – Bilinear transformation – Cauchy’s integral theorem and integral formula – Taylor and Laurent Series – Singularities – Residues – Residue theorem and its applications.
- Vector Calculus: Double and triple integrations and their applications – Gradient, Divergence, Curl and Laplacian – Green’s, Gauss divergence and Stroke’s theorem.
- Numerical Methods: Solution of linear system by direct and iterative methods – Interpolation and approximation – Numerical Differentiation and Integration – Solving Ordinary Differential Equations.
- Transforms: Laplace Transform – Inverse transforms – Application to solution of linear ordinary differential equations with constant coefficients. Fourier integral theorem – Fourier transform pair – Sine and Cosine transform. – transform – Inverse Z–transform – Solution of difference equations using Z– transform.
- Applied Probability: Probability and Random variables – Standard Discrete and Continuous distribution – Moments – Moment generating function and their properties. Two Dimensional Random Variables – Covariance – Correlation and Regression.
TANCET Syllabus 2020 Basic Engineering & Sciences (Common to all Candidates) Syllabus:
- Mechanical Engineering: Laws of thermodynamics – Open and closed systems – Equation of state – Heat and Work.
- Applied Mechanics: Law of Mechanics – Lame’s theorem – Forces, Moments and Couples – Displacement, velocity, and Acceleration – Friction – Moment of Inertia.
- Material Science: Fracture – Magnetic and Dielectric materials – Conductor and Semi conductor materials – Ceramic and Super conductor materials.
- Physics: Sound – Lattice’s – Ultrasonic flaw detector – X-ray radiography – Interference Fringes – Planck’s quantum theory – Laser and Fibre Optics.
- Electrical Engineering: Ohm’s law – Kirchhoff’s law – A.C. circuits – D.C. machines – Transformers – Synchronous machines – Instrumentation.-
- Civil Engineering: Fluid Statics and Dynamics – Boundary Layer – Pumps and Turbines – Environmental Pollution.
- Chemistry: Adsorption – Chromatography – Chemical kinetics – Electrochemistry – Spectroscopy – Fuels and Combustion.
- Computers: Computer organization – Architecture – Arrays – Pointers – User-defined function – C program.
TANCET Syllabus 2020 Computer Science and Engineering and Information Technology:
- Applied Probability and Operations Research,
- Discrete Mathematical Structures,
- Compiler Design,
- Operating Systems and System Software,
- Distributed Systems,
- Programming And Data Structures,
- Algorithm Analysis and Design Techniques,
- Microprocessors and Microcontrollers,
- Digital Signal Processing,
- Computer Networks,
- Database Management Systems,
- Software Engineering Methodologies,
- Artificial Intelligence,
- Mobile Computing,
- Security In Computing.
- Structural Engineering,
- Structural Analysis,
- Building Materials,
- Concrete Structures,
- Steel Structures,
- Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering,
- Transportation Engineering
- Highway Planning,
- Water Resources Engineering,
- Hydrology and Ground Water,
- Environmental Engineering,
- Noise pollution, and Control,
Electronics and Communication Engineering:
- Circuit Analysis,
- Electronic Devices,
- Electronic Circuits,
- Electromagnetic Fields,
- Communication Theory and Systems,
- Optical Communication,
- Signals and System.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering:
- Electrical Circuits and Fields,
- Electrical Machines,
- Power Systems,
- Control Systems,
- Power Electronics and Drives,
- Microprocessor and Microcontrollers,
- Digital Signal Processing,
- High Voltage Engineering,
- Electric energy-Conservation, and utilization.
- Kinetics and Dynamics,
- Strength of Materials and Design,
- CAD / CAM / CIM / FEA,
- Materials Science and Metallurgy,
- Production Technology,
- Metrology and Measurements,
- Thermodynamics, Heat, and Mass Transfer,
- Fluid Mechanics.
TANCET Syllabus 2020 For MBA:
- Evaluate the skill of the candidate in answering questions based on the passages in the comprehension.
- Evaluate the candidate’s ability to identify critically the data and apply the data to business decisions from given typical business situations.
- Test on determining data sufficiency for answering certain questions using the given data and the knowledge of mathematics and use of day-to-day facts.
- Evaluate the skill in solving mathematical problems at the graduate level including those learned in plus two or equivalent levels.
- Test the knowledge of written English with questions on errors in usage, grammar, punctuation and the like.
TANCET Syllabus 2020 For MCA:
The question paper will have the following sections:
- Analytical reasoning
- Quantitative ability
- Computer awareness
- Logical reasoning
What is the TANCET Section Wise Distribution of Questions?
|Sections||Total questions||Difficulty level|
|English Grammar & Usage||20||Moderate|
|Analysis of Business Situation||20||Moderate to difficult|
|Quantitative Ability||20||Moderate to difficult|
|Data Sufficiency||20||Moderate to difficult|
What are the Recommended Books for TANCET Preparation? | Best Book for TANCET Exam 2020
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R. S. Aggarwal
- TANCET MBA Superior Guide by S. SAMBASIVAN and Dr. D. ANTONY XAVIER
- Reasoning Test (Verbal & Non-Verbal) by Dr. M.B.Lal & A.K.Singh
- Quantitative Aptitude by S.N Jha
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning by A. K. Gupta
TANCET Syllabus 2020 FAQs:
Where to Download Complete TANCET Syllabus 2020?
Candidates are referred to this page for the complete syllabus for the TANCET Exam 2020. You can also collect the syllabus from the official website of Anna University for PDF.
Is There Sectional Time Limit in TANCET Exam 2020?
No, There no sectional time for candidates who appear in this exam. There will be 120 minutes to attempt the exam.
Which part is considered the most difficult in TANCET Exam 2020?
There various subjects in TANCET Syllabus 2020. You need to prepare all the subjects to qualify for the exam. But there the subject of Date Interpretation is traditionally toughest in the exam.
Who determines TANCET Syllabus 2020?
The TANCET Exam Syllabus 2020 is prescribed by Anna University for all the candidates with all course subjects.
How Should We Attempt TANCET Exam Paper?
Candidates who are appearing in this exam should take a look at the whole exam paper and start to attempt the paper with they are more confident. This will help to save more time to attempt another section.
Conclusion: All the candidates should download the TANCET Syllabus 2020 to qualify the exam with a better score. Here we are providing the complete details about the syllabus and latest exam pattern. Check this whole page for detailed information.